Rivers and Riding
This epic combination of multi-day rafting and awesome mountain biking is both fun and challenging for students and provides adventures that can be managed for most skill levels.
Education Tours NZ – Rivers and Riding
“The greatest adventure is what lies ahead” – JRR Tolkien
Forests and Rivers, two incredible reasons to visit Aotearoa, New Zealand over and over again. Combine that with Mountain Biking and White Water Rafting and you have the ultimate combination for creating an adventure challenge that helps students personal growth as well as immersion in beautiful surroundings to create unforgettable memories.
Arriving in Auckland we waste no time and make our way to the North Islands adventure capital, Rotorua. Here we go through group dynamics and the plan for the week starting with our first activity, Rafting. We make our way South to the township of Taupo to sort our final prep before heading out for an awesome overnight rafting and camping mission.
On day 4 we eventually finish our overnight excursion and return to Rotorua ready for more fun, starting with one more rafting trip on day 5. This river is a little different and while short, it drops down 14 rapids and 3 epic waterfalls. One of the best half day river trips you can do on the planet.
After lunch we change speed and scenery to hop on mountain bikes and enjoy a few days of riding the trails of the Whakarewarewa Forest in Rotorua. Our guides will upskill you and your riding abilities ready to face our final day of riding by shuttling the trail on Tawa and Moerangi Hills.
Itinerary – Daily breakdown
1. Arrive Auckland Airport and travel to Rotorua – Hotel Accommodation – Rotorua
2. Morning: Prepare for Rafting. Afternoon: Travel to Taupo. Evening: Hot Pools – Hotel Accommodation – Taupo
3. Full Day Rafting – Camping Accommodation – Tongariro River
4. Full Day Rafting. Return to Rotorua – Hotel Accommodation – Rotorua
5. Morning: Raft Kaituna. Afternoon: Mountain Biking in Rotorua – Hotel Accommodation – Rotorua
6. All Day: Mountain Biking – Hotel Accommodation – Rotorua
7. Morning: Mountain Bike Shuttles. Afternoon: Relaxed afternoon and Hot Pools – Hotel Accommodation – Rotorua
8. Return to Auckland Airport for flight home