Wilderness Rafting Expedition
Taking students out of their comfort zone and in to the wilderness to embrace the beauty and tranquility of a raw mother earth.
Education Tours NZ – Wilderness Rafting Expedition
“Look deep in to nature and you will understand everything better” – Albert Einstein
Some experiences provide joy in the moment, and others become life long memories that both ground and grow a person. Tackling the outdoors and becoming immersed in nature has profound affects of developing students. New Zealand’s world renowned leadership in adventure activities and safety along with our endearing nature of manaakitanga, this itinerary is sure to be a significant contributor to the personal development of every participant who is lucky enough to attend.
Arriving in to Christchurch we make our way in to the central city to check in to our accommodation and enjoy a little down time, casually getting to know each other. We’ll incorporate a few group dynamics activities before dinner and then settling in for a well-deserved rest.
The next morning we take the chance to gather last minute supplies before making our way North to the small township of Hanmer to enjoy its healing hot pool springs. We spend the following 4 days rafting down one of New Zealand’s most renowned multi-day river rafting locations, the Clarence River. With our professional and personable guides leading the way we learn to camp, cook, clean and survive in the wilderness while we tackle grade 2-3 rapids.
After an epic few days down the river we reach the East coast of the South Island and celebrate after an amazing experience in the wilderness. Dinner and hot pools in Hanmer for the evening.
We finish our time away in New Zealand by returning to Christchurch via Kaikoura to head out Whale Watching and a final night and dinner out in Christchurch city.
Itinerary – Daily breakdown
1. Arrive Christchurch Airport and settle in to accommodation – Hotel Accommodation – Christchurch
2. Morning: Prepare for Rafting. Afternoon: Travel to Hanmer Springs. Evening: Hot Pools – Hotel/Motel Accommodation – Hanmer Springs
3. Full Day Rafting – Camping Accommodation – Clarence River
4. Full Day Rafting – Camping Accommodation – Clarence River
5. Full Day Rafting – Camping Accommodation – Clarence River
6. Full Day Rafting – Camping Accommodation – Clarence River
7. Full Day Rafting – Return to Kaikoura or Hanmer – Hotel/Motel Accommodation – Kaikoura or Hanmer Springs
8. Morning: Relax. Afternoon: Whale Watching. Travel to Christchurch – Hotel Accommodation – Christchurch
9. Return to Christchurch Airport for flight home